Hello, New Hampshire Insurance.
This information is intended to provide answers to commonly asked questions by insurance agents. It is not intended to replace detailed information found in your state’s statutes and regulations. Though we have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information given is reliable and current, we cannot guarantee that it is. For more information please contact your state insurance department. See contact information below.
• Producers: 24 hours biennially, of which at least 3 but no more than 10 credits shall be an approved ethics course.
• Multi-line Adjusters and Workers Compensation Adjusters: 20 hours biennially. Those with Worker's compensation authority have a minimum of 10 worker's comp credits required.
NOTICE: Effective January 1, 2020 Multi-line Adjusters and Workers Compensation Adjusters will be required to complete 24 credit hours biennially which will include a minimum of 3 credit hours of Ethics.
• Public Adjusters: 15 hours biennially of public adjuster credits.
60 days prior to the license renewal date, which is the last day of the first month of the quarter for producers born in that quarter. Producers licensed in even years will renew in even years. Producers initially licensed in odd years will renew in odd years.
Approved Course Delivery Methods
• Written and Online self-study courses (passing grade of 70% required on final exam)
• Interactive Online
Self-study final exams do not have any monitor requirements.
Course Subject Requirements
• Producers may not take courses approved for adjusters only.
• Multi-line adjusters may take courses approved for multi-line or workers comp.
• Workers comp adjusters must take 10 hours of multi-line courses and 10 hours of workers comp courses any combination totaling 20 hours.
• Public Adjusters must take public adjuster courses only.
Excess credit hours may not be carried over to the next reporting period.
Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within the same compliance period.
• Newly licensed individuals renewing a license for the first time are exempt from CE.
• Individuals with any of the following licenses: auto physical damage/mechanical breakdown agent, motor vehicle warranty agent or title insurance agent.
• Individuals with a limited restricted license that the commissioner has declared exempt.
• Individuals holding limited lines licenses for which an exam is not required.
• Non-residents (if they comply with their home state requirements)
Cape will report credits to State Based Systems within 15 days of course completion. Licensees are advised to retain course completion certificates in the event of a discrepancy.
If you have any questions regarding renewal or credits, please contact:
New Hampshire Insurance Department
21 South Fruit Street, Ste 14
Concord, NH 03301
P 603.271.0203 F 603.271.7029
Cape School, Inc.
P.O. Box 169
Buckingham, VA 23921
Or email us below
• No Exam
• Weekday, Weekend, and Evening Webinars Available
• Live Classes on your Computer
• Convenient, Easy, and Affordable
No Test! Credits are Based on Attendance
• Localized Phone Numbers to Select from
• You may Participate or you may just Listen
• Participate from Anywhere you have Access to a Phone
• Online and Textbook Courses
• Take Courses on your Schedule
• Variety of Topics